Wednesday, February 8, 2012

No Sewing.

I haven't been sewing much the last couple of weeks.  I want to, I have been thinking about it, but it just hasn't happened. 

I took a little road trip to see my Dad and my brother.  My camera stayed in my purse the entire time.  Don't ask me why.  My brother has been working on an awesome project.  Organizing my father's slides.  When we were growing up, my Dad took a lot of pictures.  But, the only way we saw them, was during a Saturday night slide show.  Mom would make popcorn, and Dad would drag out the projector and screen.  There would be a lot of fussing with the slide trays, but eventually, we would see ourselves on the big screen.

Those slides, thousands of them, have been in boxes for many years.  Ruthie, my Dad's wife, had 2000 of them put onto a disc.  My brother went through them, and put the family ones on to a disc for me.  Now, he is organizing the rest of them.  An amazing job, little brother!

So, I thought I would share a few photos.

 My Dad took most of the pictures, so this is a rare one.  I was 3, Gene was 12 weeks old.


 This is so sweet of Mom and Gene.  He was 8 days old here.


 I was such a proud big sister!  My brother's might say I was bossy.

 I have always loved a pair of capri's.  I believe this is Mt Hood, in Oregon.  It was a frequent Sunday drive.




 
This is our Baby Brother, Rob. 



Notice how tough Gene is, holding on to a cactus!


Thanks Gene, for making this possible.  I still have thousands to look at. 

If you have family photos that you haven't seen for a while, I recommend hauling them out.
I have loved seeing pictures of family and friends.  Such wonderful memories!  J

1 comment:

marilyn said...

thanks for the memories...My dad also took lots of slide pictures. Wasn't it fun to sit through the picture shows(after the bent picture messed up the projector)HA. My dad threw away all the slides because he didn't know about switching them to the computer. so sad! Now get back to sewing.....