Monday, February 20, 2012

REMEMBER FALL MARKET?

 I was looking through my camera the other day, and saw some pictures that I am pretty sure I did not share with you from my last trip to Quilt Market.

This was one of the most amazing quilts.  An antique Yo-Yo quilt.  It belonged to the people who own Retro Clean.  A soak for vintage linens.  They used it on this quilt, and then had it on their table for a display. Retro Clean is a small, 'newish ' company.  I don't think they are quilters.  Very nice people, however.  The quilt was on the table, over a blue plastic table cover.   This is the edge of the quilt.



This is part of the quilt lying on the table.  I put a dime on the plastic, so you could see the size of those tiny yo-yo's!  Pretty amazing, don't you think?






This is what each square looked like.  Sweet little yo-yo 9 patches.  And the wonderful 'sashing'!


Someone stole something electronic from their booth.  Either their ipad or their credit card machine.  I am not sure which.  They were pretty sick about it.  I think they are super lucky it was electronics, and not this amazing piece of history! J

No comments: