Thursday, February 23, 2012

A LITTLE LAP QUILT

About a month ago I decided to make my brother a lap quilt.  A fun project, for sure.  Somehow, things didn't flow, just the way I wanted them to.  I was using fun, bright fabrics.  Thinking it would be cheerful, blah, blah, blah.  As I was sewing it, I started thinking, 'hmmm this is not turning out like the picture I had in my mind'.  But, I continued on, against my better judgement.  I spent an entire day working on it.  It was awful.  I am just going to admit it.  So, I started on project #2. 

I love a little friendship star, they are cute, perky, playful.  So, I decided to go with an old favorite.  Cute, huh?



 But, by the time I had 3 of them made, I knew the background was just, shall we say, wrong.



 So, I pulled out an old friend.  Marsha McCloskey's Staples.  White with small blue circles.



Much better.


Then I decided to add a little variety to the blue stars.


Now, I am feeling like I am on the right track.



Then I tossed in a little red (always a good idea).  Delivered it to my friend Pam's house, where she added her wonderful quilting (Bubbles) to the top.



I added the binding in one evening.


Now, I am not a regular label user.  But, I thought this little cutie could use one.


 I do think it adds a nice touch, especially if you are making a gift.  And if you can write 'Bossy Big Sister' on it!


All folded and ready to mail.  He received it last Tuesday.  He sent a text, and used the XO at the end of it.
Totally made my day.

Thanks Pam for wedging me in!  J

2 comments:

Carol said...

Love it, Julie! Does this mean your Tri-County Quilt Tour project is all done? If so, I'm jealous!

Pam said...

looks so good ! so glad it is all done and delivered...xoxox