Friday, March 2, 2012

MY NEW OFFICE

I have been busy this week.  A new job, of sorts.  I was called to Jury Duty, in King County Superior Court.
They do a great job of training you.  Give you a name badge.  Breaks.  A pay check (although it is the same as it was in the Eisenhower era).  Give you the opportunity to donate to a worthy cause.

If you haven't been in the King County Court House, it is really beautiful.  This is the lobby. 

I made a new friend on the first day.  Her name is Inger, and she is a quilter!!  She is also a foodie, a mom to 3, married for 25years.  My kind of gal.  Inger would like to piece a quilt for her round table using this design.  That is believing in the future!! 

Inger was released yesterday.  I will be staying on for at least another week. The next time you get a Jury Summons in the mail, just think you might meet a new quilting buddie, and find inspiration for a new project! J

1 comment:

Pam said...

Julie - that sounds just SWELL! I have thought about making a dahlia style quilt too, but then had enough sense to banish the thought! Hope you are well, I am busy machine quilting for the QA show and Sara's latest book. Come to bowling on Monday, we miss you! Love,