Wednesday, March 28, 2012

QUILTER ANONYMOUS QUILT SHOW, 2012

Ten Days ago I attended the Quilter' Anonymous Quilt Show in Monroe.  They moved to a brand new building on the fairgrounds.  It is a beautiful venue.

I have had a vendor's booth at the show for 25 years.  This was the first time I didn't. I was finally able to really enjoy the show!

The Guild has an amazing amount of talent.  I thought I would share a few photo's.

WARNING:  I am not a photographer.  Sometimes it is hard to get far enough away from a quilt to get it all in the picture.


This wonderful fall quilt is by Pam Pifer.  Really a stunning quilt!


There was a lot of embroidery at the show.  This is a Crabapple Hill pattern.
Snowmen from A to Zzzz.




This is Sara Newman's Machine Embroidered snowmen. 
Adorable.



This was a cute 3 dimensional Christmas tree wall hanging.




Love this Civil War era quilt.



This Hexagon quilt was made by Tess Herlan.  She was the founder of the Paper Pieces Company.
For many years, she would sit and demo in her booth.  It is really an amazing collection of hexies.



A close up of a few blocks.



Buggy Barn Cats.



I loved these Vintage Australian Feed Sacks.



This was the sweetest little applique quilt!



Two sizes of Drunkard's Path blocks.  All polka dots.  Wonderful.



This made my heart sing.  Virgina Anderson's Selvage Quilt.




Take a closer look.




A beautiful example of Foundation Paper Piecing.


Then, my battery died! 

It was a great show.  I spent the day with two great friends.  Perfection!  J


1 comment:

marilyn said...

the show was amazing!!! one of my favorites was the Selvedge quilt.