Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Photo's and Fabric


Last week I figured out how to save a photo from the web, (did you notice), and today I am hoping to publish a photo from my camera. A major achievement I must admit. I really need to do this. I have been watching a friends blog, rosebudscottage.typepad.com, she had a Sew-Along during the Minnesota Shop Hop, posting a block each day, and today she has pictures of her quilt being quilted! Go check it out.


If you are going to have a Sew-Along there needs to be photos! So, how about the fabrics that I will be using during my September-Sew-Along? Ok, here goes. Wow, It worked!! I will work on placement and size, I promise.
If you want to get started, this is going to be a 5-yard quilt. I chose flannel, so I acutally have 1 and 1/8yds of 5 fabrics. I have prewashed them, yes flannel does shrink. I think this will be fun, and there just might be prizes at the end.
I am off to Idaho to celebrate my 1st born's 30th birthday. Where did the time go?




















1 comment:

Melisa @ Sweet Home said...

Hi Julie! I'm thinking of doing a sew-along on my blog, too! Gotta find some hours in the day first, though! We're slammed getting ready for our annual Midnight Madness Sale next weekend, along with the shop's Big Birthday Bash - we've been open four years! Plus, I have a large show in Sept where we'll vend so we're turning out the samples and kits for that, too. Ah, the work never ends ... love it, though!