Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Summer Time Quilting



I have always loved the romantic thought of quilting outdoors with other women in the summer. Thoughts of small children playing ring-around-the-rosie, older girls bringing glasses of lemonaide to the quilters. Boys in striped shirts riding bikes. The quilters sharing secrets and talking about what they are cooking for dinner. I don't know why this has such an appeal to me, but it does.


With my week at quilt camp, and sewing a couple of days on shop samples, I am thinking that I want it all. Including the romance of quilting. I hope some of you are out there sewing with friends, maybe taking a hand project to the pool or the park with your children. Maybe you are woking on a masterpiece like the one in the picture.


Whatever you are working on I hope you are enjoying the summer! J

No comments: