Wednesday, August 26, 2009

SUMMER IN MC CALL


I have just returned from a few days with my oldest son. He lives in a beautiful little (2,036) town high in the mountians of Idaho. The last 3 years we have stayed in a beautiful little hotel, Hotel McCall. It sits right on the shore of Payette Lake.

One of the great things about staying in this hotel, is the little quilt shop just down the block. Go to http://huckleberrypatches.com to see just how cute it is. They have lots of wool projects, and wonderful embroidery samples. I always come away with a few goodies.

Tonight, I hope to get to my sewing room to add the final borders to my Tea Time BOM. Noel and I are planning on hanging a few new samples tomorrow morning. I promise not to get the big ladder out!

At 10pm we will all be watching America's Next Top Chef. Ashley Merriman is a contestant from Seattle's Bronsino where my youngest son works. When he was in Culinary School, he did his internship at Tilth, in Wallingford. Ashley was the Sous Chef at the time, and took him under her wing. She has been a wonderful role model for him, as well as an excellent teacher. We are rooting for her! GO ASHLEY!

1 comment:

Melisa @ Sweet Home said...

Looks like an idyllic little getaway spot, and what more could you ask with a great little quilt shop thrown into the mix? Good thoughts going out to Ashley for the Top Chef competition.