Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Aunt Bea's Baskets

One of the cute shops in McCall, ID is 'Selectable Collectibles'. I like to poke around when I am in town. This year I need to design a Bird House quilt block, for our Tri County Quilt Tour. They always have cute hand made bird houses. I was hoping for a little inspiration. There were some darling ones on the porch. I took a few pictures, and then wondered in with my Sister-in-law, Lisa. We loved the Raggedy Annie's, the cute country signs, all of the lodge looking stuff. There were really cute baby things and Christmas items. But, when I came around the corner and saw this hand embroidered, hand and machine quilted Aunt Bea's Basket quilt, I knew it was my Lucky Day!


I had the feeling that I should tuck it under my arm, and quietly tip-toe to the front desk. Making sure that know one grabbed it from me! I hoped that the shop owner would concider me quilt worthy! Several of my customers have made this quilt, doing it as a block of the month from the McCall Quilt Shop, Huckleberry Patches. I have been a little 'Jelly-Bean', but not any more. It's mine, all mine.




Stop by the shop and check it out. Each of the basket is different. Here is a close up of a sweet little pansy basket. And, check out the reproduction fabrics. It is wonderful. I am home from McCall. Leaving my sweet son behind. However, it was a little easier, with this sweet quilt in the passenger seat on the way home. J

2 comments:

A sometime quilter said...

I hope to drop into your shop soon to see "Aunt Bea's Basket" quilt. It looks simply charming!

Ronan's Grandma said...

I love it. Can't wait to see it up close and personal