Sunday, August 1, 2010

THE LAST DAY OF QUILT CAMP

On the final day of Quilt Camp we spent time talking about demo's that the shop owners do in their shops. I learned a lot! Not only about tools that are new to me, but different ways to use some of the tools already in the shop.

This is Margie Wallace, holding a 'fat quarter tree'. We learned lots of new and creative ways of folding fat quarters. Some of them are so cute, I'm not sure anyone would ever unwrap them!


By the time we got around to taking a group photo, quite a few of the campers had hit the road. Two nice ladies stopped by the retreat house for a tour. So, we had them take a photo of the last to leave.


This was supposed to be a nice photo of Terry and I, but look carefully, and you will see Kelly Ann sneaking behind us. She is always the life of the party! Her shop is in Warrenton, VA, check out her website and blog http://www.kellyannsquilting.com/
We had a wonderful time, lots of sewing, laughing, ideas exchanged and conversations about what it means to own a quilt shop in different parts of the country. This retreat feeds my soul. I am excited to put lots of new ideas to work. J


No comments: