Friday, August 27, 2010

McCall, Idaho

What does every good quilt shop owner do when she goes out of town? She visits the local quilt shop!! In Mc Call, Idaho, the LQS is Huckleberry Patches. I love this shop. The owners stitch all winter getting ready for the summer tourists, so each year when I come the shop is full of beautiful new samples.


This quilt greats you in the parking lot. Love the scalloped border!



And look at this cute butterfly block, the embroidery and quilting make it come to life.



Last summer one of the shop owners brought this block into the shop while I was there. It was so beautiful. I have encouraged Joyce to do this as a Block of the Month. Who's in?

Today, when I walked into the shop, this masterpiece was hanging on the wall. Amazing. It is from the book, A Graceful Garden.
I love Mc Call, Huckleberry Patches is not the only reason I visit.


My first born, Christopher, lives here. Love this guy (boy)! J




1 comment:

Huckleberry Patches said...

Hi Julie! So fun to have you visit the shop! I enjoyed talking shop with you:<) Will have to get to your neck of the woods soon, Lisa