Tuesday, October 26, 2010

FALL 2010

I love the fall. I love the crisp mornings, and the warm afternoons. I love the colors of the trees, the mum's and I love fall fabric.

Months ago, I thought about the great blog posts I would write during the fall. I planned to take lots of pictures of Fall Colors. What happened? Where did the Fall go? Last week I was thinking how beautiful it was. My husband was lamenting about the lawn. We wore jackets and sat outside in the evening.


It's raining, the wind has been howling for 3 days. The beautiful leaves are gone. There's no sitting outside in the evening. But, Safeway still has fall colors! Look at the wonderful graphics on these giant boxes of pumpkins! Beautiful. Who are the grocery store 'designers'?



And the displays! Do they keep those cute wooden crates in the stock room all year, just to drag them out for Fall? Or if I look other times of the year, will I see them? Who would think Watermelon and Pumpkins would work together? Makes me want pie and salad! Beautiful.

Oh, and the gourds! Bumpy and colorful, in a cute little basket. And look at those cute little pumpkins all wrapped up in orange net! Green, orange, white and yellow!




I must admit that Orange is my favorite color right now! You can't have a bad day if you wrap yourself in Orange!
You never know where you will find color inspiration. These colors just might show up in my next quilting project!
Stay tuned, I am going to Fall Quilt Market. ( Where it is 90 degrees with 87% humidity.) I will update you on a daily basis with ideas, color trends, and quilt super star sightings! J

No comments: