Friday, October 15, 2010

Pin Cushions


I love pin cushions. I have lots of them. Old and new. I don't really use a lot of pins. But, I have pincushions at every station. On the cutting table, on the ironing board, on the coffee table, next to my sewing machine. I just love them. Last week I was on a retreat with my BFF's, I took a few pictures of everyone's pincushions. I thought you would enjoy them.
Isn't this one wonderful! So organized, and perfect.

This is actually 2 at one station. The little one is filled with Lavender. A gift at a previous retreat. Remember this In The Beginning Floral?



What's cuter that red and white? Very functional, almost looks like little polka dots!



I hate to admit that this one is mine! I keep it in a travel bag, when I fly to far away retreats. It's tiny and adorable. Kay Hobby made all of the Keepsake Cottage girls one of these for Christmas a couple of years ago. I should have done a little organization before the photo shoot.




Jam packed, a little Blue Bird and on a pink mat. Stinkin' cute!





Look at those darling pins!! They look like buttons on a stick. Perfect.






Do you recognise this one? It was the before picture of the 1st pin cushion of the post! BFF Betsy, you are so adorable!







Okay, Vicky wins some kind of a prize! Can you tell that she is an office manager for our local High School? My mom had that same seam ripper, and our dog Cindy, took a bite out of the handle. It still had a lot of 'good' left in it, so she used it for years!
Retreats are the best. Gather up your BFF's and your favorite sewing supplies and plan a weekend. You won't be sorry! J








2 comments:

Pam said...

I love pincushions too!!!

Kelly Ann said...

I wish I lived closer to my BFF's to have fun retreats that didn't require an airplane ride...