Wednesday, October 20, 2010

THE REST OF THE STORY

I love my fall quilt retreat. I love my Killer Bee Girlfriends. We have a secret wave, and love all things Bee's. I thought you would enjoy seeing some of the projects we worked on.


This was a gift made by one of the Bee's. Stinkin' Cute Scissor Fobs. We all had a lesson in twisting embroidery floss to make the little cording.


This was the pile of Bee parts. It was a secret hiding in plain sight! Pam is so sneaky!




One of the things I worked on was a very scrappy quilt. I have been saving 2 x 3 1/2 rectangles. They make a really cute block, and a super scrappy FREE quilt top!







Our Queen of the Hive, Laurie, was working on this beautiful French General quilt. She can make perfect points, even if the hive is swarming with activity.






Pam loves her turtles. She is one with her machine. Whether it's machine applique or machine quilting!






Kay worked all weekend on this wonderful fall quilt. It is from a 10 year old book from Country Threads. It has aged nicely, and the project is fabulous!








Cleo worked on many things. My favorite was a Dirndl for an October Fest party she was attending. Darn, where was my camera? This block is going to be a quilt for a dear friend.






Betsy loves a Cowboy Quilt. Cowboy Bob has been her go to, snuggle up quilt for a few years. This is really a Cowgirl Quilt. Really great fabrics!









Our Head Drone, Suzanne, was very buzzzy. She made 2 table runners from 1 charm pack, and a little extra fabric. Beautiful!
There were many other projects. Lots of laughter, great food, a little shopping and ice cream for the Ferry ride home.
Best retreat buddies, ever!








1 comment:

Pam said...

that was a very productive retreat! What a talented swarm we are.