Friday, October 29, 2010

SCHOOL HOUSE IN HOUSTON

gThe first big day of activities during Qui t Market is School House. Eight hours of classes. The classes are either15 or 30 minutes, and are as varied as the vendors on the show floor. We see new tools, clubs and fabric. I try to go the the classes with designers I know my customers love. So that I can see what new patterns, books or fabric lines I should be looking for once market opens.

Jo Morton always has a packed house. They hold up her quilts and we are all trying to take pictures from a far. Seeing these quilts in person is a wonderful treat. The rooms are bright and I was far away, but I tried to snap a few pictures for you to see.

This quilt was amazing.



The number of fabrics used to create her scrapy look, takes years to collect. Her quilts have depth and richness.
I went to classes with Alex Anderson, Darlene Zimmerman,Nancy Zieman, Eleanor Burns and Elizabeth Scott. Great Samples and wonderful ideas.
Quilters I saw across the room-Pam Kitty Morning,Kaffe Fasset Jinny Beyer, Elly Sinkiewicz and the Swirley Girls.
It was a great day, and I will take more pictures tomorrow, when the market floor opens. j

1 comment:

Ronan's Grandma said...

Can't wait to see more pics. Hope your having a great time finding us lots of goodies.