Friday, September 23, 2011

Antique Shopping

Yesterday I took myself on a little date.  I used to spend a lot of time in Antique Stores.  I am not sure why I don't go as often any more.  Maybe, it's because my house is full of wonderful stuff.  But, yesterday, I felt the need to get an 'antique fix'.  I look for lots of vintage things.  Anything with a 'cute' factor is fair game. Fabric, patterns, quilt blocks, sewing notions, embroidery, cookie jars, baby planters, cool stuff in general.

Here are some of the things I saw on my date!




 I am in love with vintage tinted linens.  I have stacks of them.  This one is adorable.  It makes 3 pot holders.  I often think I should make them up, but, I just don't want to cut them.  Cute just the way they are!!


 Stacks of vintage tea towels.  Both appliqued and embroidered.  Little works of art.  I wonder if they were made as gifts, I have a set someone made my mom.  They were "too nice to use".  So, I don't use them either.  I love to look at them.



 This was a really cool handmade basket.  It had 14 spindles to hold your spools of thread.  Super cool.  My cats would love it!!


 From a distance this red and white quilt made my heart skip a beat.  However, when I got closer, it is made with 90's fabric.  A little floral pansy, with metallic gold on it.  Not a vintage find.



 How about this cutie.  I don't think the box had ever been opened.  And the girl is sewing from the wrong side of the machine.  Clever, don't you think?



This was what I was hunting for!!!  A sweet, little toy sewing machine.  Battery operated.  It is metal, except for the red wheel, and the yellow on/off button.  Oh, and the tiny foot pedal.  The dial is a decal.  It is happily living right behind the counter, in the shop.  There is something about a child's sewing machine that makes me super happy.  I know the customers enjoy seeing them also.  At least that was what I was telling myself as I was carefully carrying it to the front desk!  J

1 comment:

Pam said...

happy birthdya to you!! xoxo pam