Monday, September 26, 2011

IT'S OFFICIAL, FALL IS HERE!

 I found a couple more photos from my antique shopping last week, that I just had to share.  Just look at those faces!  Hand made with love, friends till the end!  Looking at them now, I can't believe I left them there!  All 3 smiling, saying 'pick me' but don't leave my BFF behind!



 This is something else I did not buy.  A partially finished table cloth. Still in the hoop, the needle rusted in place.  You have to wonder what happened.  She had already done so much work.  A story should come with unfinished projects!  I should attach notes to the UFO's I have.  There is a reason, a story, really!



If you live in the North West, you know that fall has arrived.  It's raining.  It's been windy.  There have been power outages.  The farmer's markets are about to come to an end.  I have not been looking forward to the change of seasons.  Summer came so late this year.  I enjoyed every minute of the sunshine.  Today, I am wearing shoes.  I refuse to wear socks.  But, it was just to wet to wear sandals.  We may get a few nice days again.  But, today, it is fall.



So, what makes me happy about fall?  FLANNEL!  Yep, and do we have the most beautiful flannel EVER!  When I was at Spring Quilt Market, it was between 80 and 90 degrees out.  All of the major fabric companies had big flannel collections.  I wasn't thinking about fall, no, I was thinking about Iced Tea and Flip Flops.   But, I went along with the game.  I bought flannel.  I knew it was beautiful.  There were darling things made out of it.  But, I was hoping that Spring, with Summer close behind were coming.


 Today, I was straightening flannel, and loving every minute of it.  It is outstanding!  Just look at these designs.


 Quilt backs, little girls jumpers, quilts. Super cozy flannel.


 Pj pants, boxer shorts.


 High quality, beautifully printed.


 Flannel.  Yes, I said it.  It is time to start the Fall/Winter sewing.  We have beautiful flannel for those projects you will want to have finished near the end of December.  Can't make me say that word!  Not in September!



This is the perfect fabric for petting, by the way!  J

No comments: