Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A little trip to Idaho


Last week I went to Idaho for a couple of days.  I wanted to visit the Quilt Crossing in Boise.  Several designers work in that shop, and I had heard they had many samples of their work. 
 
I also wanted to see a trunk show that was hanging at Huckleberry Patches in McCall.

I had bad Camera Karma. So I have borrowed a few photos from the World Wide Web, to share some of the great things I was able to see.

First of all, The Quilt Crossing is HUGE!  They have hundreds of samples.  It was pretty amazing. There are 6 or 8 areas just like the one pictured.  Lots of ideas all in one location.  Wool and embroidery are everywhere.





Waltzing With Bears must have 50 samples throughout the shop.  These wool pumpkins were wonderful.




And the sweet wool pincushions. I want to make them all!




If you are ever in the Boise area, it's a great place to visit.  There is a lot of inspiration around every corner.


I have loved visiting  Huckleberry Stitches for years.  They expanded last winter, it's nice to know they are doing well.  It's a small town, I think they have everybody stitching!

I knew they were going to have a trunk show from Old Green Cupboard Designs.  It wasn't hanging.  It was draped over tables. So you could really get an up close look at the quilts.  They were beautiful.  Classic ideas, with a little twist.  This red and white quilt was so pretty.  I love a scrappy red and white quilt.  And the setting was so unique!







Many of the quilts had wool applique.  This one had giant rick-rack, and 3 dimensional applique.  Really wonderful.  And the scrappy 9 patches.  Be still my heart.  I really want to make this!




Sometimes, I need to get away, clear my head, and take a look at how other quilt shop owners display projects in their shops.  It refreshes me.  I must admit,  'There's no place like home' J

No comments: