Monday, January 4, 2010

HAPPY SURPRISE!


Here is the quilt I wrote about last week. I found this project all cut and ready to piece, with no memory of having done it! I am really happy to have found it and to have found time in the last week to put it together. Time was probably the best part of the whole deal! Since it was cut and just sitting there, it begged me to slow down and stitch it together. Yes, it is an easy pattern and big easy piecing, but there was something very satisfying about sewing this project. It's soft and romantic, a little like me. My boys won't be fighting over it. I can put it in the family room and it will be waiting for me to curl up under it. It's a long lost friend. One of the things I really love about it, is the fact that these are fabrics from many different manufacturers. Moda, Northcott, P&B, Peter Pan and Maywood. This is the way I learned to quilt. There were very few "lines" of fabric in the late 70's early 80's. We would look, collect and trade to get the "right" look for a quilt. I liked that process then, and I like it now! Try it, step out of your box, trust your instincts. It feels good!