Monday, May 23, 2011

The Australian Designers at Market

I fell in love with several Australian designers at Quilt Market.  I believe this happened during fall market, also.  There is something fresh and original about their 'look'.  A little bit country, a little bit folk art, a little sweet.  I can't really put a finger on it, but I really, really loved it!

 This was the booth for Gail Pan Designs.  Jam packed with wonderfulness!!  The quilt hanging on the left of the booth is titled, Birds and Berries.  Applique and embroidery, and darling.  Joyce has already started a sample, using a fat quarter bundle of Flower Sugar, that I brought home from Market. (Hard to believe I let it go)  It is going to be  WONDERFUL!!


 This cute Christmas quilt was made by Lynette Anderson, using her new fabric collection from Lecien, Scandinavian Christmas.  Uber cute!


We spent quite a bit of time in Anni Downs booth.  She is the designer of Hatched and Patched designs.  OMG, the cute factor was unbelievable.  Wool, embroidery, patchwork, applique-she does it all!  We have had this book for a month or so, but seeing the quilt in person was so inspiring.  I just wanted to start stitching right there!  I ordered several of her books and patterns.  It was a painful process, because I wanted everything!

I don't have a photo of Sue Daley.  But, she is rocking the English Paper world!  And, she was funny.  And as my BFF Mary used to say, 'what are you if you're not funny.'  She has a book coming in December, so there will be lots of chatter about her.

A common thread with all of these talented ladies, were small take along projects.  Needle books, pincushions, little bags.  Stitched and embellished.  I had to remind myself to breath.  Australian Crush!! J

No comments: