Friday, May 27, 2011

Quilts for the Modern Home

 I have long admired Camille Roskelley's 'look'.  Seriously, anyone with a red and white polka dot chair is my hero!  She's a beautiful young mom, who has been out in the front of the Modern Quilt movement.

Her pattern company is Thimble Blossoms.  Her mom is Bonnie Olaveson, from Cotton Way.  Together they design fabric for Moda, under the name Cotton Blossoms.

I have used their Bliss collection in several projects.  I love the colors, red, turquoise and pink.  The newest group is Ruby. OMG.  They have added gray to the colors and a wonderful green.  It won't be here for months.  That's ok, it gives me time to finish up my Bliss projects, before I dive in.



I was reading her blog today http://www.camilleroskelley.typepad.com/, and she has posted many pictures of her booth at Quilt Market.  Go take a peak.  It was so pretty, makes me miss market!

If you haven't looked through her book Quilts for the Modern Home, Simplify, you should. The photos are beautiful.  Camille actually did the photography.  She is one very talented young woman.  And, she is totally in love with her little boys, and her husband.  I love that about a person.  J

1 comment:

Pam said...

We met her ...She is so beautiful!!! Hope you have a great weekend Julie!!