Sunday, May 15, 2011

QUILT MARKET DAY ONE AND TWO

Quilt market is always jam packed with business and pleasure.  I always think there will be more time for 'pleasure' when I am at market.  The truth is, there is a lot of work that has to be done, however, having a moment for hugs and greetings is one of the reasons that market is the best place to 'see and be seen.'


Last night Noel and I had dinner with our good friend Laura.  She owns The Cotton Patch in Florida.  Great food, and great friends.  What a wonderful evening we had.


 We started out yesterday morning with Pam Kitty Morning.  OMG, her new fabric line is amazing.  The most wonderful color pallet.  True to Pam's design roots.  We were blown away with the entire collection.



We loved Valori Wells' new fabric line, Wrenly.  Having a bird on fabric makes us happy!


This is Violet Craft.  The perfect name for a very talented young Modern designer.  I met Violet in the airport last fall on my way to Houston.  It was very early in the morning, and we hauled all of our luggage on to a city bus, and rode into Houston with the rush hour traffic.  Her very first pattern was coming out with Indigo Junction.  It was very fun to listen to her excitement.  At this market, she not only has children's clothing patterns, but she has a great new fabric line called Peacock Lane,  with Michael Miller!  My head is spinning, and I can't remember when it will be in the shop.  But, I will keep you informed.  Check out her blog. http://blog.violetcraft.com/

More to come tomorrow.  J

No comments: