Thursday, May 20, 2010

SCHOOL HOUSE

The day before Quilt Market opens there is a full day of short classes, School House. There are many choices, and every 15 or 30 minutes, the halls fill with Quilt Shop owners, teachers, managers and designers. It is a chance to get a sneak peek at what we will be seeing for the next 3 days. I saw old friends, blogging friends, facebook friends and 'famous' quilters.


One of the first people I ran into was Monica Snow, the Happy Zombie. She has a new fabric line out from Lecien. My first class was with Brenda Riddle, from The Acorn Quilt Company. She is also a new designer with Lecien. I have an appointment with then tomorrow.


Carrie Nelson, from Miss Rosie, had a beautiful show and tell. And the very first quilt she held up, was made by our own Lisa!! It is in the Schnibbles book, using Basic Grey's fabric.


We had classes with Kay England, Edie McGinnis, Jo Morton and Eleanor Burns (she had us singing!) The last class of the day was with Lizzie House. She was funny and spot on about young sewers, and their need to create fun things for their friends and family.


I left my camera in the room, so I will try to get pictures at tonight's event, Sample Spree. That's if I survive!! J

No comments: