Sunday, May 23, 2010

STARS OF THE SHOW

I thought you would enjoy meeting a few of the Quilt Stars that I am lucky to meet. They work hard getting ready for market, designing patterns, writing books and designing fabric. Then they set the booths up, and work for 3 days. But, they are always willing to smile for the camera!


This is Barb and Mary of Me & My Sister Designs. Their booth is happy and bright, just like their fabric! They had some pretty cute new patterns, watch for them in the shop.


Another favorite sister team, is Minick & Simpson. Laurie and Polly have given us some of the finest patriotic fabric and patterns thru the years. They have never disappointed me. Their new collection Clermont Farms is pretty wonderful, and will play nicely with any of their fabics you have in your stash.



Always fun, Sandy Gervais painted those spots on the sofa! I love, love her use of color!



Terry Thompson posed with Noel and I, in front of one of the most beautiful antique quilts I have ever seen. Those strawberries were wonderful. She has reproduced the pattern and we will have it in the shop in the next couple of weeks. If you love reproductions, and if you love applique, this will be a 'must' make quilt for you.



We learned on Thursday that the Blackbird 'girls', were not going to be attending market. However, their beautiful quilts made the trip to Minnesota. The quilts were incredible, and the book arrived in the shop last week!
There were many other 'stars' there, and I will be sharing them with you over the next few days. J



No comments: