Monday, May 24, 2010

STARS OF THE SHOW part 2

I borrowed this photo from one of my new BFF's,( Kelly Ann from Virginia, thanks!)

This is Alex Veronelli, owner of Aurifil, USA. This charming Italian is always in demand at market. He really is a thread genius. Aurifil is the only thread I use to piece and to hand applique.



One of the busiest booths at Market was Atkinson's Designs. I love Terry's patterns. Her instructions are tested and retested, so you will always have success. I ordered all of the new patterns, as well as her zipper's. Yes, I will have zipper's in the shop is a couple of weeks, and I can show you how to use them. As Terry likes to say 'Zipper's are no big deal'. I also signed up for the Minnesota Road Show, and the new Groovy Girls Sewing Club. I tried to get Terry to pose for a picture, but she was so busy, I decided to introduce you to her son and daughter. Derek and Megan. They have worked in the booth for years, and can answer any questions about Terry's designs!

One of our 'local' designers, Meg Hawkey from Crab Apple Hill had a beautiful display of her stitchery. She has started using Cosmo's beautiful variegated floss, Season's. I have this on order, and Lecien's president, Matt, says it will be in the shop in July.


Sherri Fall's, designer of This & That patterns, is standing in front of a new block of the month quilt using French General's fabric that will be out this fall. We will be starting this program in October or November, depending on when the fabric arrives. Don't delay, we know this will sell out right away.




Another local friend is Kathy Schmitz, if you haven't done her stitchery projects you may have used her fabric. Her crackle is a classic. We will be doing a stitchery of the month starting in the fall, called Winsome Wreaths. She has designed sewing projects for each month, along with the stitchery in the quilt. Really wonderful.
As you can tell it has been a busy market. I will be telling you about many more tools, patterns and clubs in the coming days. Today I am going to spend the day with 3 great friends. Roseanne from Rosebuds Cottage (White Bear Lake, MN), Melissa from Sweet Home Quilt Company, Conyers, GA and Pat Sloan. Who knows what kind of an accent I will come home with!



2 comments:

Kelly Ann said...

you three behave yourselves...

Lisa D. said...

It was fun to see all your pictures from Market, Julie. I love the new French General fabric and that BOM. Hey, if you need someone to make that one for the shop.... (raises hand in the air) - lol.